AUR40216 | CRICOS 106390M
Certificate IV In Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis
30 weeks (2 Terms)
Blended (In class and Online)
Assessments & all learning resources accessible via e-learning portal
20 hours/week (15 hours via face to face, 5 hours via e-learning portal)
Advance your career in the Australian automotive industry and develop essential mechanical skills with our specialised course designed for international students.
The Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis is crafted to provide advanced training for automotive technicians looking to enhance their diagnostic and technical expertise. Tailored for students seeking specialisation in diagnosing complex automotive mechanical issues, this qualification opens doors to an advanced skill set within the automotive field.
Throughout the program, you will be immersed in a diverse curriculum covering a range of topics. From diagnosing complex faults in LPG fuel systems and analysing and repairing performance fuel injection systems to addressing intricate issues in vehicle integrated stability control systems, heavy commercial vehicle braking systems, air conditioning and HVAC systems, and more. Engage in hands-on experiences such as testing engines using a dynamometer and diagnosing faults in light vehicle steering, suspension systems, traction motor speed control systems in battery electric vehicles, and mobile plant transmission and driveline systems.
To enrol in the Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis, a prerequisite is the completion of an automotive mechanical Certificate III qualification. Upon completion of the course, you will not only gain practical experience but also develop specialised skills, providing you with a distinct advantage in the competitive job market.
Job roles related to this qualification include automotive lead or master technician and automotive technical adviser—positions that demand a high level of expertise and proficiency in diagnosing complex automotive issues.
Apply or speak to an Education Advisor today to learn more about this program.
You will study Information and Communications Technology topics and case studies as they apply to different Australian industries.
There will be immersive hands–on practical work, using critical IT problem solving skills, research, consultation and collaborating with diverse teams.
Sample course units:
- AURTTA021 Diagnose complex system faults
- AURETR037 Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle safety systems
- AURLTB104 Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle braking systems
- AURLTD109 Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle steering and suspension systems
- AURLTE104 Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle petrol engines
- AURLTE105 Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle diesel engines
- AURLTX104 Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle automatic transmission and driveline systems
- AURTTA125 Diagnose complex faults in vehicle integrated stability control systems
- AURTTR101 Diagnose complex faults in engine management systems
Please download the course infopack for the full list of 16 course units and topics.
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must hold a current Approved visa for study in Australia (at the time of course commencement)
- Must demonstrate satisfactory completion of studies in applicant’s home country equivalent to an Australian Year 10 qualification* (Department of Home Affairs may require country-specific higher education requirement for approved visa for study in Australia application assessment).
- Must have completed an automotive mechanical Certificate III qualification, or be able to demonstrate equivalent competency.
- Are required to provide evidence of any one of the following tests of upper intermediate proficiency in English: (see exemptions below)
|English Language Tests
|Also known as
|Minimum Test Score
|International English Language Testing system
• Overall band score 6.0; or;
• Overall band score of 5.0 if packaged with at least 24 weeks ELICOS.
|Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test
|• 60; or
• 46, if packaged with at least 12 weeks ELICOS ; or
• (c) 35, if packaged with at least 24 weeks ELICOS.
|Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test
|Certificate in Advanced English
|• 169; or
• 162, if packaged with at least 12 weeks ELICOS; or
• (c)154, if packaged with at least 24 weeks ELICOS.
|Pearson Test of English Academic
|• 50; or
• 42, if packaged with at least 12 weeks ELICOS; or
• 36, if packaged with at least 24 weeks ELICOS.
|Occupational English Test
|• a score of at least B for each test component of the OET.
*On 26 July 2023 the TOEFL internet-based test (TOEFL iBT) stopped offering English language tests for Australian visa purposes. A score for a TOEFL iBT test taken on or after 26 July 2023 will no longer satisfy the English langauge requirement for Approved visa for study in Australia purposes. Only TOEFL iBT scores from a test taken on or before 25 July 2023 are accepted for Approved visa for study in Australia purposes.
* Under 18 students must have welfare and accommodation arrangements approved by the Department of Home Affairs.
§ You do not need to provide evidence of an English test score with your visa application if one of the following applies:
Click here for the latest Price Guide
Special pricing is available for applicants currently applying within Australia.
Please contact our Education Advisors for details on specials that may be available for your country and course.
Latest fees and schedules are in the course infopack.
2024: 29-JAN, 12-FEB, 26-FEB, 12-MAR, 18-MAR, 16-APR, 29-APR, 14-MAY, 28-MAY, 09-JUL, 23-JUL, 06-AUG, 20-AUG
2025: 27-JAN, 10-FEB, 24-FEB, 10-MAR, 14-APR, 28-APR, 12-MAY, 26-MAY, 07-JUL, 21-JUL, 04-AUG
Enquire Now For A FREE Infopack
Get a complete course guide with application instructions, course fee schedule and visa assistance
Why Study With South Sydney College
Live & Study In Sydney, Australia
Attend classes with other overseas students under our expert trainers in our Sydney campus.
Nationally Recognised Qualification
SSC is a registered provider of nationally recognised and accredited training courses for both Australian and International Students.
Flexible Study Methods
We have multiple intake schedules throughout the year with a mix of face-to-face and online classes.
Primer Student Service
Our dedicated student co-ordinators are always ready to help through mentoring, tutorials, and guides while you study in Sydney.
Student VISA Support
We will guide you throughout the whole process and help you collect requirements and file your application to the Australian Government.
Industry Experienced Trainers
All expert trainers have years of experience in their field and mentor International Students every year.
Australia is one of the most popular destinations for international students. With over 22,000 courses across 1,100 institutions, Australia has the best educational system in the world and is ranked 8th in the Universitas 2019 U21 Ranking of National Higher Education Systems.
Australia is ranked among top 10 countries in the world for quality of life.
Australia is the 3rd most popular study destination in the world.
Nearly half (49%) of all Australians were either born overseas or have at least one parent born overseas.
Australia’s cost of living and tuition costs are lower than US or UK.
International students are able to work part time while study, allowing them to earn valuable work experience and offset part of their living costs.
International student survey shows 86% were satisfied or very satisfied with their study experience in Australia.
6 of the world’s top universities are located in Australia.
According to QS Best Student Cities 2019, almost all of our major cities – Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth and the Gold Coast – are in the world’s top 100 student cities.
International students report almost 90% satisfaction scores for their living and study experience in Australia according to the 2018 Department of Education International Student Survey.
Quentions? Enquire Now For Free!
Ask us anything about studying in Australia, how to get a Student Visa, or information about our courses (it’s free!). We’re always ready to help.
Ask us anything about studying in Australia, information about our courses, how to get a Student Visa and more. Our Course Advisor are always ready to assist.